Digital Declutter: Goals and A Timeline
Here’s a quick list of goals I have set for myself in this 30 day digital declutter. More may be added later. I’ll write a new post each time I update them.
- Cut back TV watching to 4-5 hours per week instead of per day.
- Devote 5-7 hours per week into learning Python so I don’t have to flail so much when I want to use it for something.
- Get rid of social media apps on my phone
- Ticking this one off since I literally just removed the last 2 social media apps I had installed. Removed Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Read 2 books
- Write 2 new articles for the Red Hat Enable Sysadmin blog
- Clean my house. Like a thorough deep cleaning.
- Cancel my subscription to YoutubeTV
- I ended up pausing the subscription until Feb 2020, but I’m not being charged for it.
- Cancel my home internet connection in favor of an “unlimited” data plan through a portable hotspot.
- Just waiting for confirmation of my mobile phone plan and then I call Spectrum. I’m actually pretty nervous about this one since I use ~1tb per month with my current ISP.
- Go hiking 3 times this month.
- Keep my smartphone screen time down ~3-4 hours a week.
- Cook something in my instant pot to eat for dinner on weekdays.
- Fix breakfast in the morning.
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier than normal and just have some quiet time to eat breakfast and prepare for the day and not rush out the door.
- Journal daily about — whatever.
I’m actually really excited about this 30 day digital declutter and I know it’s just the honeymoon phase but I feel like my mental clarity has already improved.Tags: digital-minimalism, goals, transformation